By showing you how you compare with other regional and global study participants, Solomon’s Worldwide Butadiene Plant Performance Analysis (Butadiene Study) helps you understand your strengths and weaknesses. And when identified and quantified, weaknesses can be targeted for improvement.
Why Choose Solomon's Butadiene Study?
For nearly 30 years, Solomon’s distinctive approach to benchmarking — Comparative Performance Analysis™ (CPA™) — has provided manufacturers with the means to compare their facilities to others around the world across a wide range of key performance indicators (KPIs). In addition to providing producers with an increased awareness of their plant’s strengths, weaknesses, and competitive position, the analysis facilitates effective resource management and continuous financial improvement for all study participants.
How It Works
Solomon collects and reviews actual data from operating butadiene-manufacturing sites, constructs a database of comparable key performance indicator (KPI) data, and analyzes the data to provide metrics useful to the participant’s management and performance improvement teams. The study focuses on the key dimensions of manufacturing performance: capacity, feed rate and quality, butadiene and raffinate-1 product recovery, production rates, plant utilization, operating expense, energy consumption, reliability and maintenance cost, labor productivity, production cost, and profitability in terms of net cash margin and return on investment.
We give you the performance data you need to understand how your operating performance compares to that of other producers. As part of your study results, we provide individual plant rankings within each peer group based on the following KPIs:
- Plant Capacity and Capacity Utilization
- Butadiene Production
- Product Recovery or Yield
- Reliability-Related Production Loss
- Maintenance Cost as a Percentage of Replacement Value
- Maintenance Effectiveness Indicators
- Solvent Loss and Hydrocarbon Loss
- Financial Performance
- Net Energy Consumption
- Maintenance Cost
- Personnel Cost
- Cash Operating Expense
- Total Operating Expense
- Production Cost
- Net Cash Margin
- Replacement Value (RV)
- Return on Investment (ROI)
The results of the Butadiene Study allow you to better identify and target specific areas for performance improvement.
Solomon studies help you find answers to the critical questions key to your business success:
- How reliable are my plant facilities?
- How does my equipment utilization compare to that of other producers?
- Are my operating expenses comparable to those of companies with similar facilities?
- Do my facilities produce a competitive gross margin, taking into account my utilization and complexity?
- How does my operating performance compare to that of other producers?