There are approximately 20 PDH units currently in operation worldwide, with more capacity scheduled to come online in the next few years. While PDH technologies have been in commercial operation since the 1990s, the recent and anticipated future growth in propylene capacity from this technology makes this the ideal time for PDH facilities to participate in Solomon’s PDH benchmarking study.
Results from the Worldwide Propane Dehydrogenation Plant Performance Analysis (PDH Study) will benchmark your plant’s performance against the performance of other PDH plants. By analyzing and evaluating your competitive positioning and ranking results, you can better identify and target specific areas for performance improvement.
Why Choose Solomon's PDH Study?
Solomon offers a holistic approach to chemicals manufacturing improvement. We know that for performance improvement programs to be successful, many facets of plant operation must be examined. That is why we look at such a broad range of key performance indicators (KPIs). Solomon’s KPIs are designed to be incorporated into your internal tracking metrics, allowing you to better set meaningful improvement targets.
As part of your study results, we provide individual plant rankings within each peer group based on the following KPIs:
- Plant Capacity and Capacity Utilization
- Propylene Production
- Yields and Catalyst Performance
- Reliability-Related Production Loss
- Maintenance Cost as a Percentage of Replacement Value
- Maintenance Effectiveness Indicator
- Hydrocarbon Loss
- Net Energy Consumption
- Financial Performance
- Maintenance Cost
- Personnel Cost
- Cash Operating Expense
- Total Operating Expense
- Production Cost
- Net Cash Margin
- Replacement Value (RV)
- Return on Investment (ROI)
How It Works
Our goal is to provide your team with an effective tool for improving your plant’s performance in several dimensions.
- Step 1: We conduct web-based training seminars for personnel responsible for collecting the study data.
- Step 2: Your staff collects your facilities’ data according to the definitions provided. Built-in data checks and other functions help ensure the best quality data with smallest time investment from your personnel.
- Step 3: We thoroughly review the input data before calculating final study results. You receive multiple reports: a plant ranking report and a formal study report, and the option to purchase an in-person presentation with a Q&A session to review the results.
Solomon studies help you find answers to the critical questions key to your business success:
- How reliable are my PDH facilities?
- How does my plant utilization compare with that of others?
- Are my operating expenses comparable to those of companies with similar facilities?
- Do my facilities produce a competitive margin, taking into account my utilization and yields?
- How do I compare across the range of performance in the industry?