In the power generation industry, you never seem to have enough resources to address all your needs. To survive, you must be able to adapt. That means being willing to change and ask yourself tough questions, such as “How can I increase production using my current assets?” and “Where will it hurt least to make cuts?”
Solomon’s experienced power professionals understand that to answer such questions and make solid, fact-based business decisions, you need accurate, detailed, high-quality data based on a long-term perspective. When you're trying to maximize your plant’s performance and optimize costs, you need data you can trust — public, high-level, or single-year data will just not do. Solomon’s Worldwide Power Generation Performance Analysis (Power Study) can provide you with the real-world data you need.
Complementing Solomon’s access to real-world operating data is our extensive industry experience. At Solomon, each of our Power Generation consultants has more than 30 years of experience managing and directing the day-to-day operations of power generation facilities, with expertise covering every type of facility. They can help you interpret real-world data and apply it to the circumstances of your individual plant. They can also help you dig into that data, allowing you to identify opportunities to guide your planning.
Solomon’s analysis gives you an objective understanding of your performance in relation to others along numerous dimensions. This information makes it easier to do the following:
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Pinpoint problem areas.
- Determine frequency of recurring events.
- Quantify lost revenue.
- Adjust plant performance targets.
- Identify resource reallocation potential.
- Optimize operations commercially.
The Power Study analyzes the following:
- Marketplace Losses: losses due to unavailability when the market would have rewarded being available
- Heat Rate Conversion/Fuel Efficiency: losses due to poorer fuel conversion efficiency compared to peer plants
- Appropriate Spending Levels: losses due to overspending, underspending, or spending in the wrong place
Solomon has a solid record of accomplishment in developing data-driven performance improvement solutions for the energy industry. We have worked with the world’s leading energy companies to assess their needs and competitive strengths, analyze performance gaps, and structure practical and attainable improvement plans. We can do this for you too.