A cogeneration facility is like a fingerprint: Each one is different. Each is uniquely designed to serve a specific purpose, while all have the common goal of providing uninterrupted service while optimizing energy efficiency and controlling costs.
Solomon’s staff of former power generation facility managers took their knowledge of how cogeneration facilities differ into account when designing the Worldwide Power Cogeneration Performance Analysis (Power Study). The Power Study, which incorporates Comparative Performance Analysis™ (CPA™), provides you with a clear look at how your cogeneration facility is performing compared to your peers, no matter what type of process or fuel you’re using.
This powerful tool helps you properly allocate your limited resources to keep reliability high and minimize risks. We help you make appropriate business decisions based on a foundation of solid, accurate, and detailed data to maximize your assets and revenues.
Why Choose Solomon’s Power Study?
The difference is better methodology combined with a commercial focus.
The most striking advantage of Solomon’s Power Study for cogeneration is sufficient detail to allow you to identify opportunities and quantify the bottom-line value of each one. This study helps you apply the right dollar amounts in the right places to achieve maximum benefit. The insight you receive is backed by an experienced team of consultants with an average of 30 years of wide-ranging power generation leadership experience.
How It Works
The study is designed to provide the kind of quality detailed data you need to make informed decisions. This detailed data will allow you to do the following:
- Increase your reliability – In most industrial cogeneration facilities, unreliability is not only unacceptable, it is potentially your largest business cost; this means you need to understand the factors contributing to unreliability in financial terms.
- Keep redundancy at the right level – Our Cogeneration Redundancy Factor lets you know how your level of redundancy compares to that of your peers, and what costs can be traced to that redundancy.
- Rely on data rather than opinion to structure change – Ensure that you’re using objective data as a starting point for discussions on business decisions. With your Power Study results, you can employ data rather than guesswork to determine how best to allocate your human and financial resources to maximize opportunities for improved profit.
- Minimize cost – With increasing costs across the industry, you need data to determine what the best in the industry have been able to accomplish to create a solid cost-management strategy.
- Let experienced power professionals help identify opportunities – Not only can Solomon provide you with the data you need, but we also have a staff of experienced power professionals to help you dig into that data to develop performance improvement programs.
The Power Study will help you maximize your reliability and efficiency while optimizing cost. With our unique methodology, you will receive quality detailed data that allows you to focus on and isolate opportunities, with the assistance of experienced power professionals.
Solomon studies help you find answers to the critical questions key to your business success:
- How reliable are my facilities?
- How does my equipment utilization compare with that of others?
- Are my operating expenses comparable to those of companies with similar facilities?
- Do my facilities produce a competitive gross margin, taking into account my utilization and complexity?
- How do I compare across the range of performance in the industry?