Even top-performing organizations can find ways to improve. Participation in the International Study of Plant Reliability and Maintenance Effectiveness (RAM Study) can help you gain valuable insight into top industry performer’s achievements. Regardless of your current performance, hidden opportunities can save you millions of dollars.
Path to First-Quartile RAM Performance
Does it Really Matter if You Are Reliable?
Obviously, the answer is yes, comparing an average performer to an average first-quartile (Q1) performer and assuming the same asset base, product, and plant capacity:
- Mechanical Availability – 97.7% versus 94.3%
- Process Losses – 1.46% versus 3.75%
- Operational Availability – 96.26% versus 90.55%
- Maintenance Cost Index – 1.09% versus 1.99% (% of PRV)
Study Background and Format
Solomon’s RAM Study provides an objective evaluation of the extent to which the maintenance strategy for the production units submitted to the study was optimized.
We use our reliability indices to compare your performance to top-quartile performers, revealing opportunities to increase capacity without costly capital investment and identifying ways to reduce costly expenses without sacrificing performance.
The RAM Study provides you with the following key performance indicators (KPIs):
- RAM Effectiveness Index (RAM EI)
- T/A Maintenance Material
- Maintenance Availability Index (MAI™)
- T/A Frequency and Duration
- Downtime – Scheduled and Unscheduled
- Staffing Ratios
- Maintenance Cost Index (MCI™)
- Labor Rates
- Direct Routine Maintenance Labor
- Planning Rate
- Indirect Routine Maintenance Labor
- Schedule Compliance
- Routine Maintenance Material
- Labor Indirect T/A Maintenance Labor
- Direct Turnaround (T/A) Maintenance
Study Deliverables Include:
- Results presentation, providing an assessment of industry trends and insights supported by study data
- Data tables, including calculation worksheets for each metric, performance rankings, aggregated peer group results, detailed gap analyses, and historical trend results where applicable
- Executive presentation, conducted at a site of the participant’s choosing
Contact us and learn how you can participate!