Leading energy consultancy firm releases latest report forecasting North American Oil and Associated Gas Outlook.
CALGARY, ALBERTA – 12 December 2016 – Solomon announced the release of its North American Oil and Associated Gas Outlook report. This report provides Solomon’s detailed oil production outlook for the major oil supply basins in the US and Western Canada, and a roll-up for North American oil and associated or solution gas production (excluding oilsands).
“Tight oil production from Eagle Ford and Bakken will drop in 2016–2018 before increasing later in the forecast while Permian production will continue to grow,” said Lev Virine, Manager Gas Consulting at Solomon and report author. “However, this growth will not be enough to compensate for declining conventional oil production, particularly from the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska”
Figure 1 illustrates historical oil production through 2015 and the outlook in North America from 2016 to 2022. The forecast is based on WTI oil price below 50 United States dollars per barrel.
Other recent and widely read Solomon reports available for purchase include:
- Gas Price Basis Differentials Forecast to 2025
- Henry Hub Gas Price Outlook to 2025
- Gas Production Outlook by Basin to 2025
- Growth of North American Natural Gas Demand to 2025
- Renewable Power Outlook to 2025
- US and Canadian Gas & Oil Reserve Replacement for 2015
- Western Canada Natural Gas Production Outlook to 2025
- US Northeast Gas Outlook to 2025
- Gas Demand for Oil Sands to 2025
- North American Natural Gas Liquids Production Outlook to 2025
- North American LNG Exports to 2022
- North American Oil and Associated Gas to 2022
- Gas Price Differentials Forecast to 2022
- Mexico Natural Gas Outlook to 2022
- Impact of Low Oil Prices
- Gas for Power Generation to 2022
- Pipeline Capital Costs in North America
- Pipeline Repurposing
- Shale Gas Production Outlook by Play to 2022
- North American Gas Ultimate Potential Resource
- Canadian Gas Exports to 2020
- North American Natural Gas Storage
 © 2016 HSB Solomon Associates Canada Ltd. (Solomon) – Reprinting this chart is permitted with proper credit and citation given to Solomon.