Participants will learn:
- The difference between average and marginal costs
- How to calculate netback prices
- Why the “herd mentality” is so common
- How to use LP models
- How to evaluate crude and feedstock purchase opportunities
- How to evaluate incremental product sales
- Limitations of shadow values
- Planning and optimization best practices
Presented by Joe Barth
As a Senior Consultant, Joe has been with Solomon since 2004. His career includes 33 years with ExxonMobil, where he specialized in the planning and optimization of refining petrochemical complexes. Joe has a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Auburn University and a Master of Science in Engineering from the University of Houston.
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for anyone who takes part in the development of refinery/petrochemical operating plans or helps decide business strategy.